Psychotherapy – Creative Arts Therapy
The Counseling Center at CELA provides therapy, counseling, and support services for individuals, families, and groups living with chronic environmental illnesses.
Our approach is highly personalized, focusing on the needs of each individual. We understand that due to the nature of environmental and mast cell related diseases, counseling in person may not always be an option.
We offer our services digitally (email, video conferencing,) by telephone, face-to-face, and in combinations.
Specialization Areas Include:
- EI, MCS, Masto/MCAS/mast cell related disorders
- Health and wellness management
- Grief and loss
- Life-style changes
- Chronic Illness
- Symptom management
- Disability insurance process counseling and support
- All initial sessions are scheduled for 90 minutes and must be conducted via telephone, virtual conferencing, or face-to-face. Initial sessions are billed at the 60-minute rate
- The rates provided below are for individual and family sessions
- Please contact us for information about groups and group rates
- All rates are in U.S. dollars (USD)
Reduced Rates are available including sliding fee scales and pro bono (no charge) sessions. Please contact us to discuss our reduced rates and payment options.
Face-to-Face, Telephone, and Video Conferencing Rates:
- $120 for one 60-minute session
- $150 for one 90-minute session
Should a scheduled 60-minute session extend into a 90-minute session not scheduled in advance, clients may be billed the 90-minute session rate for that session.
Email Session Rates
One email exchange is: one email generated by the client that is sent to the counselor and one counselor response (to that email) sent to the client.
One “week” is: a series of five (5) consecutive business days. The Counseling Center at CELA is typically not open Saturdays and Sundays and does not schedule appointments these days, unless by special arrangement between client and counselor.
Synchronous means that the client and therapist are emailing and responding at the same time of day on the same day.
Non-synchronous means that the client and therapist are not emailing and responding at the same time of day on the same day.
Synchronous Email Rates:
Synchronous email sessions are timed in the same way that in-person sessions are timed.
- $120 for one 60-minute session (synchronous)
- $150 for one 90-minute session (synchronous)
Non-Synchronous Email Rates:
Non-synchronous email sessions are billed according to the number of email exchanges.
Clients who wish to have non-synchronous email sessions can choose to pay in advance by the week or the month for a certain number of email exchanges or to pay at the time of service. This is highly individualized as each person has different needs.
Many clients go by the week to accommodate fluctuating health issues, often skipping weeks depending upon how they may be physically feeling at any point in time. Non-synchronous email sessions can be purchased one at a time or in Bundles. Sessions purchased as Bundles can be carried over for up to eight months.
Clients can order up to 3 individual Bundles per week maximum–for example, 3 of Bundle A, or 3 of Bundle B, or in combinations (such as 2 of Bundle A and 1 Bundle B.)
- One Email Exchange – $25
- Bundle A – $75 (5 email exchanges)
- Bundle B – $100 (7 email exchanges)
There is no maximum word limit to any email.
Scheduling Non-Synchronous Sessions:
Non-synchronous email exchanges do not have to be scheduled. However, many individuals do opt to schedule their email sessions depending on their health and therapy needs.
Clients have the option to:
- Advance schedule to send their emails on a certain day, or certain days, during the week or month;
- Advance schedule to simply send their number of emails during their week or month without specifying any particular day or days their emails will be sent;
- Not schedule their emails at all and generate emails according to personal needs and goals.
Counselors typically respond to non-synchronous, client-generated email exchanges within 2 business days during regular business hours, or according to special scheduling arrangements between client and therapist.
Email sessions are not for emergency situations
The Counseling Center at CELA does not provide crisis and/or emergency services
If you need to cancel a scheduled session, please notify The Counseling Center at CELA at least 24 hours in advance. Clients may be charged a fee up to the full session price for a missed or cancelled session if less than 24 hour advance notice is provided.
We do not currently bill insurance companies. However, we can provide receipts for services for a client to submit to an insurance company for possible reimbursement. Some types of insurance plans do cover varying portions of treatment costs in this way. The Counseling Center at CELA cannot guarantee that any client will be reimbursed by their insurance company for treatment costs.
Please contact us to discuss reduced rates and need-based payment options.
The Counseling Center at CELA accepts checks, cash, credit card, and debit card payments through PayPal. All amounts are in U.S. dollars (USD).
- Individualized payment options are available
- All payments are due at the time of service or according to an individualized payment option agreement
The Counseling Center at CELA offers several reduced rate options including sliding fee scales, scholarships, and limited availability pro bono (no charge) sessions. Please contact us to discuss payment options.
IMPORTANT: Do not share confidential or personal information in any communication or message you may leave.
The Counseling Center at CELA responds to mail, emails, voicemail messages as quickly as possible, typically within two to three business days.
All rates are subject to change without notice. The most current rates are posted on the Counseling Center at CELA website.