Psychotherapy – Creative Arts Therapy
The Counseling Center at CELA provides therapy, counseling, and support services for individuals, families, and groups living with chronic environmental illnesses.
Our approach is highly personalized, focusing on the needs of each individual. We understand that due to the nature of environmental and mast cell related diseases, counseling in person may not always be an option.
We offer our services digitally (email, virtual conferencing,) by telephone, face-to-face, and in combinations.
Specialization Areas Include:
- EI, MCS, Masto/MCAS/mast cell related disorders
- Health and wellness management
- Grief and loss
- Life-style changes
- Chronic Illness
- Symptom management
- Disability insurance process counseling and support
- All initial sessions are scheduled for 80 minutes and must be conducted via telephone, virtual conferencing, or face-to-face. Initial sessions are billed at the 50-minute rate
- The rates provided below are for individual and family sessions
- Please contact us for information about groups and group rates
- All rates are in U.S. dollars (USD)
Reduced Rates are available including sliding fee scales and pro bono (no charge) sessions. Please contact us to discuss our reduced rates.
Face-to-Face, Telephone, and Virtual Conferencing Rates:
- $120 for one 50-minute session
- $150 for one 80-minute session
Should a scheduled 50-minute session extend into an 80-minute session not scheduled in advance, clients may be billed the 80-minute session rate for that session, at the therapist’s discretion.
Brief Email Rates:
- $25 for one Brief email session (synchronous or non-synchronous)
A Brief email session is: one client email sent to the counselor and one counselor response (to that email) sent to the client. Email sessions can be synchronous or non-synchronous.
Brief email sessions are not intended for in-depth counseling but are provided for situations where clients may be in need of a more “touching-base” exchange where the client may have a question, issue, or concern. Brief email sessions are available for established Counseling Center at CELA clients.
Brief email sessions are scheduled therapy sessions and clients are charged for them accordingly. Brief email sessions are not billed at the same rate as regular email sessions.
Notifications of the cancellation of an appointment by clients are not considered Brief email sessions and clients are never billed for these exchanges.
One email exchange is: one email generated by the client that is sent to the counselor and one counselor response (to that email) sent to the client.
One “week” is: a series of five (5) consecutive business days. The Counseling Center at CELA is typically not open Saturdays and Sundays and does not schedule appointments these days, unless by special arrangement between client and counselor.
Synchronous means that the client and therapist are emailing and responding at the same time of day on the same day.
Non-synchronous means that the client and therapist are not emailing and responding at the same time of day on the same day.
Regular Email Rates:
Email sessions are synchronous and are timed in the same way that in-person sessions are timed.
- $120 for one 50-minute session (synchronous)
- $150 for one 80-minute session (synchronous)
Non-Synchronous Email Rates:
Email sessions are billed according to the number of email exchanges and word count.
Clients who wish to have non-synchronous email sessions pay in advance by the week for a certain number of email exchanges per week. Typically, 3 client-generated email exchanges equal a 50-minute session and 5 client-generated email exchanges equal an 80-minute session during an agreed upon one week.
Clients can order up to 3 individual Bundles per week–3 of Bundle A, or 3 of Bundle B, or in combinations (such as 2 of Bundle A and 1 Bundle B.)
- Bundle A – $90 (3 email exchanges | equals one 50-minute session)
- Bundle B – $120 (5 email exchanges | equals one 80-minute session)
- $20 word charge for each 1-200, 201-400, etc., words over the maximum word count
The maximum word count is 1500 words for any single client-generated email. Should any single client-generated email exceed 1500 words, there is an additional word count charge. For example, if a client-generated email is 2000 words in length, then the client is billed an additional $60 according to the following breakdown:
Client has purchased their weekly bundle. One of the client’s emails was 2000 words in length. The client is billed for the additional words in this way:
500 words over = $20 (for words 1-200) + $20 (for words 201-400) + $20 (for words 401-600) = $60
Scheduling Non-Synchronous Sessions:
Sessions are scheduled in advance.
- Option A: a client may advance schedule to generate their email(s) on a certain day or days during the week for which they have paid, but the client does not have to schedule a particular time to send the email(s).
- Option B: a client may advance schedule to simply generate their number of emails during their week without specifying any particular day(s) the emails will be sent.
Counselors respond to non-synchronous client generated email exchanges typically within 2 business days or according to special scheduling arrangements between client and therapist.
Email sessions are NOT for emergency situations. The Counseling Center at CELA does not provide crisis and/or emergency services. Click here for links to emergency support services.
If you need to cancel a scheduled session, please notify The Counseling Center at CELA at least 24 hours in advance. Clients may be charged a fee up to the full session price for a missed or cancelled session if less than 24 hour advance notice is provided, at the therapist’s discretion.
The Counseling Center at CELA accepts checks, cash, credit card, and debit card payments through PayPal. All amounts are in U.S. dollars (USD).
- Individualized payment options are available
- All payments are due prior to the start of each session or according to an individualized payment option agreement
Reduced Rates: The Counseling Center at CELA offers several reduced rate options including sliding fee scales, scholarships, and limited availability pro bono (no charge) sessions. Please contact us to discuss payment options.
IMPORTANT: Do not share confidential or personal information in any communication or message you may leave.
The Counseling Center at CELA responds to mail, emails, voicemail messages as quickly as possible, typically within two to three business days.
All rates are subject to change without notice. The most current rates are posted on the Counseling Center at CELA website.